While the DanceWorks Kenora studio is closed indefinitely we will be continuing our dance classes online. Our hope is to help our dancers stay active, enrich what they’ve learned at the studio, and maintain a sense of connection and community while they are unable to dance together in person.
Our online programming will include a mix of on-demand and live options. We are starting with the on-demand options which include links to online resources, including class choreography and music files, as well as videos for warm-up, technique, and more. Moving forward we will also host some live classes through Zoom, stay tuned for that schedule.
With all online training we remind dancers to be mindful of the space around them, to do what they can safely and with supervision. Parents, we ask that you help your dancers with their dance activities and keep them on track with completing activities and classes.
FlipGrid Virtual Classroom
- Each class has now been set up with its own FlipGrid virtual classroom.
- Worried about privacy? Read more about FlipGrid’s privacy policies here. If you don’t agree to provide consent for your child to participate, please get in touch with Erin and do not login to the FlipGrid virtual classroom.
- The link for each class is posted in the DanceWorks Kenora Portal under your “Schedule”.
- Each dancer will login with their Student ID which is their first name and the first letter of their last name, ie: “ErinM”
- Save or bookmark these class links for easy access in the future.
- Once you’ve signed in, say hi to Ms. Erin and the other dancers by recording a short video.
- Topics for this week are still being added. For most classes you can also find links to your class choreography and music file.
- New topics will be posted every Monday and dancers can complete them throughout the week at whatever time works best with your schedule.
More of a visual person? Here’s a short video overview of how to access the online classes.
As you are aware, there remains a lot of uncertainty around COVID-19 and the amount of time that social distancing behaviours will be needed. We will continue to adjust our programming to adapt to the situation.
- We are reviewing options and making plans for an alternative format and timing for our Year-End Recital. Dancers will continue to learn their performance routines online in the hope that we can still finish the dance session with a group performance.
- For those that pay tuition monthly, April is the last month of tuition payments for the year. If we end up extending the session there will be no additional tuition charges. We understand that these uncertain times may mean that you’ve experienced changes to your financial situation. If you are able to continue with your regular payment it will be a significant help to the studio as we too are experiencing a lot of uncertainty as a small business. However, please do not hesitate to contact Erin if you need to discuss options such as postponing your payment.
We appreciate your continued support through this transition to online classes. While we would prefer to be in the studio with all of the dancers we hope that our online offerings will allow us to continue to connect, to stay active, and to be ready to finish the year with a performance whenever the situation permits.
Stay tuned for live online classes, studio challenges, and more. Also, please share pictures of your dancers doing their classes and practicing their dances with us by email or through social media. Keep dancing!