The cost of dance class is a struggle for our family. Is there any assistance available?
DanceWorks Kenora recognizes that the cost of dance classes can be prohibitive for some families. We know the impact that dance can have on a life and we do our best to keep our fees reasonable and to provide opportunities for those individuals and families who are struggling with the costs.
- Our multi-class discounts and early bird registration discounts along with the monthly payment options are designed to assist families in managing the costs of dance.
- Our fees are all-inclusive so there are no surprise costs as the year progresses. In addition to the class time our tuition fees for all performance classes include:
- Costume rental
- Participation in the DWK Year-End Recital
- Participation in the Kenora District Festival of the Arts
- Digital copy of the class photo
- Digital download of the Recital DVD
- The only additional costs required of families are the required dancewear and shoes for class (please see the Dress Code).
- Optional additional costs to families include tickets to attend Festival and Recital performances and any extra class or individual dance photos.
Triple P.L.A.Y. Kenora is a local resource for families facing financial barriers. Families applying through Triple PLAY will need to make a payment arrangement with DanceWorks Kenora at the time of registration for the portion of tuition above Triple PLAY funding limits.
Dance Assistant & Junior Instructor Program
Dancers can participate in the teacher assistant program (age 10+) or junior instructor program (age 16+) in exchange for studio credits. If your dancer is interested in this program please reach out to Ms. Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org
DanceWorks Kenora will consider bartering for services that are needed by the studio. This can include studio cleaning & maintenance, costume seamstress, handyman repair, advertising exposure, technical services and assistance at studio events. These credits are arranged on an individual basis and at our sole discretion.
Dancers that have demonstrated commitment to dance and whose families are struggling with the cost of dance may be eligible for DanceWorks Kenora scholarship credits.
DanceWorks Kenora provides scholarships for students of all ages and levels of ability. Our scholarships are primarily for those who consider dance to be a priority but who cannot afford the financial cost. (If you are interested in donating to our scholarship fund please send an email to email@example.com or select one of the monthly scholarship donation options in the online registration system).
Scholarship students must have a good attendance record, demonstrate a positive attitude in class and show commitment to their dance training. The portion of tuition covered will vary from 25% to 100% depending on need. Priority will be given to students who have danced previously and have already demonstrated a strong commitment to their dance classes.
Please complete the following form in order to submit an application for (or a nomination for) scholarship funding. Scholarships are provided by DanceWorks Kenora on our sole opinion and discretion and apply only to tuition costs.
You will be contacted by DanceWorks Kenora after you have submitted your application.