DanceWorks Kenora aims to provide additional opportunities for students and community members to experience dance and related activities through special events, workshops, and camps.
Looking for information on Summer programming? All details on summer classes and camps can be now be found on the Summer 2019 Classes & Camps page.
Musical Theatre Workshops with Brenda Gorlick
DanceWorks Kenora is excited to offer musical theatre workshops with Brenda Gorlick this April. Brenda is the Dance adjudicator for the 2019 Kenora District Festival of the Arts and will be staying in Kenora for an extra day to lead these workshops at DanceWorks Kenora. Read more about Brenda in her bio below.
Primary/Junior Musical Theatre (age 7-13)
Sunday, April 14 – 10:00am to 11:30am
$25 (includes HST)
Click here to register.
Senior/Adult Musical Theatre (age 13+)
Sunday, April 14 – 1:30pm to 3:00pm
$25 (includes HST)
Click here to register.
Reserve your spot by completing the online registration forms linked above.
Previous DanceWorks Kenora families should register through the DanceWorks Kenora portal.
Brenda Gorlick has been involved in the Performing Arts world for over 40 years in many aspects of the business. As a performer, she has acted, sung and danced her way across Canada, the U.S. and parts of Europe including Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet, the acclaimed Stratford Festival and the Banff Centre of Fine Arts. She received a Women of Distinction Award for Arts and Culture in 2015 and was named to the Wall of Fame at Rainbow Stage in 2014.
Brenda serves as Associate Artistic director for Winnipeg Studio Theatre – a cutting edge professional musical theatre company which has produced hit shows such as Spring Awakening, Altar Boyz and the world premiere of Hersteria! She helms the youth and adult StudioWorks program – a training wing for emerging artists who wish to excel in “triple threat” technique. The troupes have performed at numerous events including Winnipeg Fringe Festival, Words and Deeds Gala, WSO’s Adventures in Music series and the 2017 Canada Summer Games.
Ms Gorlick had the great challenge of creating the Opening and Closing ceremonies for the1999 Pan Am Games, the biggest choreographic event Winnipeg has seen. She also choreographed ceremonies for the 2003 Western Canada Summer Games, 1997 Canada Summer Games in Brandon and was the Performer Liaison for 2017 Canada Summer Games in Winnipeg.
She has been involved in over 250 productions including every theatre in Winnipeg over the past 35 years. Selected credits include: Hamlet starring Keanu Reeves (Manitoba Theatre Centre), Strike! the Musical (Danny Schur Productions), A Year with Frog and Toad (Manitoba Theatre for Young People), Funny Girl (Winnipeg Jewish Theatre), die Fledermaus (Manitoba Opera Association), Le Train (Cercle Molière) and Altar Boyz & Heathers (Winnipeg Studio Theatre/Prairie Theatre Exchange).
In 2015, Ms. Gorlick appeared as Morticia in Dry Cold Production’s hit – The Addams Family and appeared in both Rainbow Stage productions: the epic Les Misérables and hysterical Sister Act. Selected performer credits include: MTC/Theatre Calgary’s co-production of Evita, Rainbow Stage’s Wizard of Oz in the coveted role of Wicked Witch of the West, Jennyanydots/Gumbie in Cats and the ultimate role of Anita in the Banff Centre’s West Side Story.
In film, Ms. Gorlick portrayed the principal role of Phyllis Flatow opposite Shirley Maclaine in the movie of the week, Hell On Heels: The Mary Kay Project. She acted as Assistant Dance Crew Liaison for Miramax Productions feature flick: Shall We Dance starring Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez , and choreographer for Murdoch Mysteries.
Ms Gorlick has worked as director/choreographer on numerous commercial projects including the the U of M’s Distinguished Alumni Awards, WAG’s Olympus Project, Grey Cup Gala 2015, SMD Foundation Galas, Culture Days Manitoba Flash Mobs, Manitoba Hydro’s Festival of Lights Parades, the Canadian Artistic Gymnastic Championships Gala and the Forks production for Queen Elizabeth II’s Royal Visit.
As an Artist in the Schools, Brenda has created projects throughout the province for over 25 years. She also serves as resident choreographer/instructor for the Society of Manitobans with Disabilities and is part of the Winnipeg Theatre Awards initiative. She has previously held positions with the DTRC (Dancer Transition Resource Centre), ACTRA Manitoba and CAEA. Brenda is a guest professor in dance and musical theatre for the Universities of Winnipeg and Manitoba and a regular mentor for the ACI Manitoba Mentorship program.
- Dance Manitoba Hip Hop, Contemporary, Creative Movement & Modern Workshops – August 2018
- Dance Basics Intensive – DanceWorks Kenora – July/August 2018
- Ballet Intensive – DanceWorks Kenora – July 2018
- Mini Dance Camp – DanceWorks Kenora – July 2018
- Art & Dance Camp – DanceWorks Kenora & Inglenook Studio – July 2018
- Flexibility & Mobility Workshop with Mary-Margaret Scrimger – February 2018
- Raw Metal Hip Hop & Body Percussion Workshop – October 2017
- Art & Dance Camp – DanceWorks Kenora & Inglenook Studio – July 2017
- Ballet Intensive – DanceWorks Kenora – July 2017
- Dance Basics Intensive – DanceWorks Kenora – July 2017
- Mini Dance Camp – DanceWorks Kenora – July 2017
- Ballet Workshops with Debra Thiessen – April 2017
- Contemporary Technique Workshop – Dani Matte – August 2016
- Art & Dance Camp – DanceWorks Kenora & Inglenook Studio – July 2016
- Ballet Intensive – DanceWorks Kenora – July 2016
- Mini Dance Camp – DanceWorks Kenora – July 2016
- Jazz Workshop – Decidedly Jazz Danceworks – January 2016
- Conditioning & Stretch Workshops with Mary Margaret Scrimger – December 2015
- Art & Dance Camp – DanceWorks Kenora & Inglenook Art Studio – July 2015
- Hip Hop Workshops with B.O.S.S. Dance Team – February 2015
- Inglenook Art & Dance Day – Erin McCuaig & Inglenook Art Studio – December 2013
- Inglenook Art & Dance Camp – Erin McCuaig & Inglenook Art Studio – July 2013