Hi DWK families,
A reminder that the studio is closed from Saturday, March 14 to Friday, March 20 for March Break.
Classes resume on Saturday, March 21.
DanceWorks Kenora is monitoring the news and the development of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We value the health and well-being of our students, their families, and the broader community and will be increasing our cleaning schedule at the studio.
- A deep clean will be done while the studio is closed over March Break (March 14 to 20).
- When classes resume students will be asked to wash their hands before and after each class. We will also be cleaning the frequently touched objects (barres, door handles, etc) after every class and cleaning the floor and mirrors daily.
- We request any students to stay home if feeling unwell, particularly if they or a family member have travelled recently. Our makeup policy remains open until the end of the year for dancers to attend other classes to makeup any absences.
- By the end of this week every class participating in Festival of the Arts will also have a video link available to them for at home practice (this is our regular routine as we prepare for performances but will also be a valuable resource if your dancer is sick or self-isolating).
We will continue to monitor the news and health recommendations for our community and will continue with proactive measures as needed to help “flatten the curve”.
- Saturday, April 4 – Adjudicated Dance Performances – Kenora District Festival of the Arts
- All Dance Foundations, Primary, Junior, Senior, and Ensemble classes participate. Schedule to be available by March 21.
- There are no regular classes at the studio on this day.
- Friday, May 8 – Recital Dress Rehearsal
- All classes participate (including Creative Movement level classes). Runs in an age based order in the evening.
- Saturday, May 9 – DanceWorks Kenora 2020 Year-End Recital
- Shows at 1:30pm & 6:30pm. All classes participate in both shows.