DanceWorks Kenora – 2018 Important Dates
Attendance is expected at all of these important dates. If your dancer has a conflict please notify Erin as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 807-464-3666.
Sunday, March 25 – Studio Picture Day
Class and individual pictures will be taken at the studio. Order details and the schedule will be sent out shortly. If you already know your dancer has a conflict on this day please let Erin know ASAP. We may be able to adjust the schedule accordingly if notified now.
Saturday, April 14 – Kenora District Festival of the Arts
Adjudicated dance performances (for all Dance Foundations, Primary, Junior, Senior and Ensemble classes) will be at Seven Generations from approximately 10:00am to 4:00pm. Schedule to be sent when finalized but dancers should expect to be there for 1 to 1.5 hours including warm-up, performance, and adjudication.
Friday, May 11 – Dress Rehearsal
Saturday, May 12 – 2018 Year-End Recital
All full year and winter session classes participate in Recital. More details will be sent out as the recital approaches but please expect to save the evening of May 11 and the full day on Saturday, May 12. There will be a matinee and an evening performance. Costumes will be returned immediately after the evening performance.
Note: Please ensure costumes are stored safely at home (away from pets or even the curious hands of younger siblings) as they will be your responsibility from the time they are sent home until Recital. A costume replacement fee $80+HST will be charged to your account if the costume is lost, damaged, not returned after recital or is returned damaged.
To round out the costumes:
- Undergarments should not be visible underneath any costumes. If wearing a bra with a costume please ensure it matches your skin tone. *Dancers typically do not wear underwear under tights or leotards.
- All dancers will be required to wear stage makeup. Additional details on hair and stage makeup will be sent out at a later date.
- It is a good idea to start practicing performance ready ballet buns and ponytails now for all classes. If a dancer’s hair is not staying neatly out of their face for their class then it will not hold up in a performance.
- Dancers will need the shoes appropriate for their performance routine (typically the same as their regular shoes for class unless otherwise discussed in class). Shoes should be clean and not have any holes.
- It is always a good idea to have an extra pair of tights ready for performance season:
- Ballet Pink tights – Creative Movement & Tap, Dance Foundations, and all Ballet
- Black tights – for Primary Jazz, Pr/Jr Tap
- Skin coloured tights – Junior Jazz
- Bare legs – for Creative Movement, Senior Jazz and Senior Modern