Hello dance families,
It’s time for our 2017 Year-End Recital! I know the dancers are excited to get on stage and perform for everyone. Please review the points below to make sure you are prepared for both dress rehearsal and both performances. Don’t forget that all information is in the DWK Recital Details (pdf) under “News” on the website.
What is required for Dress Rehearsal?
- Dress rehearsal is mandatory and requires full costumes and makeup.
- Dancers arrive 4:45pm with hair and makeup done. We will meet in the theatre seating to gather in our groups.
- Pickup time is 6:30pm for Creative Movement, Dance Foundations, and Primary level classes and 8:15pm for Junior/Senior level classes.
What time does my dancer need to arrive on Saturday?
- Junior & Senior levels arrive 45 minutes prior to showtime. All others arrive 30 minutes prior to showtime.
- Run time is approximately 90 minutes and dancers will remain backstage for the length of the show.
We aren’t sure what to expect at our first Dance Recital?
- Recital has most of the same etiquette expectations of any theatre event. If this is new to you or you aren’t sure what theatre etiquette is please take a moment to review this post on our site: “Dance Recital Etiquette for Audience & Performers”
When do we return the costume(s)?
- Dancers should change when they arrive at 7 Generations. Costumes must be returned at the end of the 7:00pm show. Please be sure your dancer has an outfit to wear home.
- Unreturned or damaged costumes will result in a costume replacement fee of $60.
What should my dancer bring backstage?
- Your dancer should have all pieces of their costume (don’t forget shoes and any hairpieces), a water bottle, something to read or an activity to help keep them occupied while they wait backstage is also a great idea.
- Some snacks will be provided but they can also bring their own snacks.
- No nuts! We have dancers with allergies.
Can I still buy tickets?
- Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for youth/seniors. Seating is general admission. Doors open 30 minutes prior to curtain.
- Tickets can be purchased online at danceworkskenora.com until Thursday, June 1st at 7:00pm. Tickets will be available at the door.
- Please invite your friends and family! Dancers love to perform to a full audience and it’s a great opportunity for others in the community to see what dance classes and the DanceWorks Kenora studio is all about.
Can I still order a DVD?
- This is a great option if you want to re-watch the performance (now or years down the road) or share the performance with friends or family that can’t attend.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order your copy of the Recital DVD ($25). Orders must be received by Sunday, June 4th.