DanceWorks Kenora is seeking 2 energetic and enthusiastic individuals (age 15-30) to lead our summer dance programming and assist with studio administration.
This position will work alongside the studio owner in the planning and instruction of summer dance programming for kids. They will lead, support, and motivate young children to enjoy all that dance classes and our day camps have to offer. As a Dance Instructor they will help to plan class activities, demonstrate proper technique, respond to incidents, discuss participation and concerns with the studio owner and communicate with parents. To succeed in this role they should be upbeat, proactive, and caring with a strong sense of responsibility and confidence in their leadership abilities.
The position will also assist with various administrative tasks at the studio including marketing and promotions, costume organization, studio cleaning, and communicating with current and potential customers. Success in these tasks will require good communication, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
Individuals in these positions will also receive access to professional development through an online training platform as well as ongoing training and mentorship from the studio owner.
Specific tasks for this role will include:
- leading and supporting dance students as they participate in age-appropriate activities
- participating in planning and coordinating class lessons and activities
- mediating conflicts that may arise between students
- monitoring student safety and ensuring student compliance with studio rules
- consistently applying safety guidelines and ensuring safety procedures are followed
- reporting any notable concerns or incidents to the lead instructor and/or studio owner
- cleaning, maintaining, and ensuring proper use of studio facilities and equipment
- creating content for studio marketing materials including website and newsletter updates as well as social media posts
- communicating with current dance families and potential future students
- dance experience in ballet, jazz, tap (additional styles an asset)
- previous experience working with children
- ability to wear required any PPE at work, including while teaching and dancing
- strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- upbeat, engaging personality
- able to motivate and encourage students
- high level of responsibility and accountability
- ability to pass a background or criminal record check
- first aid training an asset
Positions would be 35 hours a week from May 24, 2022 to August 21, 2022 (start and end dates may be adjusted slightly depending on availability).
Interested applicants should submit their résumé to Erin at email@example.com by April 30, 2022.