Hi DWK dance families,
Now that we are into the New Year the performance season is fast approaching. Along with this part of the dance year there are a number of commitments to be aware of. Please make sure you have marked the following dates in your calendars. If you know already that you have a conflict on any of these dates please let Erin know ASAP by sending an email to email@example.com
Dance is a group activity! As we begin learning choreography your dancer’s attendance becomes even more important. Dancers that miss multiple classes in the lead up to performances may not be able to perform with their class. If your dancer will be missing a class please let Erin know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (464-3666).
Additional details on all of these events will be sent out as they get closer.
- Sunday, March 31 – Studio Picture Day – 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Class and individual photos (in costume)
- Schedule TBD. Expect to be at the studio for 45-60 minutes.
- Saturday, April 13 – Kenora Festival of the Arts – 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Adjudicated dance performances for all Dance Foundations, Primary, Junior, Senior, and Ensemble classes.
- (Creative Movement and Creative Movement & Tap do not participate in KDFA.)
- Schedule to come in March. Expect to be there for approximately 1.5 hours (including warm-up, performance and adjudication).
- Friday, May 10 – Dress Rehearsal – 4:45pm to 8:00pm
- Dress rehearsal does not run in show order but is more of an age based order so that younger dancers (Creative Movement and Dance Foundations) can be finished earlier.
- Saturday, May 11 – DWK Year-End Recital – Shows at 1:30pm and 6:30pm
- All dancers participate in both shows. This includes Creative Movement, Dance Foundations, Primary, Junior, Senior and Ensemble classes.
- Dancers will need to arrive 30-60 minutes prior to showtime (depending on level) and will stay backstage with volunteers for the entire 90 minute show.