Hello dance families,
As you have probably noticed, costumes have been sent home with your dancers. These do not need to be worn to class but should be kept safe at home and only worn for the necessary studio events. Please remember that these need to be returned after Recital and you are only charged for unreturned or damaged costumes.
Have you marked these important studio dates and times on your calendar yet?
Festival of the Arts – Saturday, April 22
- Performances – 9:00am to 12:00pm – 7 Generations Event Centre
- All Dance Foundations, Primary, Junior, and Senior level classes are participating in Festival of the Arts.
- KDFA Workshops – Age 7 to 11 at 2:00 to 3:00pm / Age 12+ at 3:15-4:30pm – DanceWorks Kenora
- Not sure about what your dancer needs or what time to arrive? Double check the detailed Festival information under “News” on danceworkskenora.com
- No regular studio classes on this day.
- We still need parent volunteers to help backstage with the following classes: Dance Foundations Monday & Saturday, Primary Jazz, Primary Tap, Primary Ballet, and Jr Ballet Ensemble. If you would like to volunteer please email Erin at email@example.com (you can watch the performance from backstage).
Picture Day – Sunday, April 30
- 9:00am to 4:00pm – DanceWorks Kenora
- All dancers are expected to attend picture day and information will be sent out in advance on how to order group or individual pictures.
- Arrival times will be staggered, please expect to spend at least one hour at the studio.
- If you have scheduling conflicts on this day please email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Recital Dress Rehearsal – Friday, June 2
- 5:00pm to 9:00pm – 7 Generations Event Centre
- All classes participate (except Adult classes) and all dancers must attend dress rehearsal.
- We will run dress rehearsal in roughly an age based order so that younger dancers are done earlier.
- Stay tuned for more details.
Year-End Recital – Saturday, June 3
- 2:00pm & 7:00pm – 7 Generations Event Centre
- Details and ticket information to be sent out in early May.
- All dancers will perform in both shows.
- Call time is 45 minutes before curtain. Run time is approximately 90 minutes.
- If you have scheduling conflicts for dress rehearsal or recital please email Erin at email@example.com